Varanasi – a city as old as time.
In the words of Mark Twain, "Varanasi is older than history, older than tradition, older even than legend, and looks twice as old as all of them put together." Every word of the quote is spot-on, as the city has almost stood still in time and watched the world and its ways change over the centuries. It’s more than just the spiritual capital of India. It’s a melting pot that thrives as life and death come together. It’s the kind of city that you need to visit just once for it to stay etched in your mind forever.
Varanasi is known to be a popular Hindu Pilgrimage destination, and the old part of the city, which is situated on the banks of the Ganga River, is the heart of the city, even today, with thousands of people flocking to these holy waters in search of salvation and purification. No matter what the crowd and chaos is like here, it all comes to a grinding halt, as soon as the Ganga Aarti takes place in the evening. The pandits line up to perform rituals which are carried out with immense grandeur and opulence, making the aarti a treat for the soul and the senses.
There’s a certain organised chaos that flows through the city. Narrow lanes and by-lanes garner curiosity while the street art adorning the stretch alongside the ghats are a great example of artistic expression of the community. Varanasi is also blessed with marvellous architectural heritage, that can be seen in the numerous temples spread around the city.
It really doesn’t matter if you’re religious or not – Varanasi has something for everyone, be it the chaos and colour to finding serenity at the banks of the Ganges. Join us and visit the city that has stood still for thousands of years, and will stay still for a thousand more, we’re sure.
HP Petrol Pump - Dhaula Kuan
Google Maps Link: https://goo.gl/maps/1U41TBTqiLEkoi5V6
6:15 am: We assemble at the meeting point, fully fuelled up and ready to go. We will conduct a quick introduction and briefing at the meeting point.
6:30 am: We head out in convoy formation, towards our destination. We will make a number of rest stops, stops for refreshments, lunch and pictures along the way.
We reach our hotel and check-in, and settle over evening refreshments and sharing of stories with our fellow travellers and a lovely sunset. The bonding continues over dinner, before we retreat to our rooms to refresh ourselves for the next day.
This day is reserved for a day of sightseeing and exploring of Varanasi, including the temples and various places of interest. We’ll make it a point to attend the Ganga Aarti as well.
Early risers can wake up to catch a glimpse of a breathtaking sunrise – the last of our trip. The rest of the group gathers around the breakfast table before we pack our bags and hop into our vehicles to make our way back home after a lovely weekend.
Double Sharing (Per person): Rs 3,380 (Inclusive of all taxes)
Where we’re staying:
Janki International, Varanasi
- Accommodation at Janki International on Double Sharing basis
- The Roadtrips Co Trip Captain
- Breakfast at the hotel
- Trip Management Fees
- Meals on road
- Vehicle breakdown
- Personal expenses of any kind
- Any expenses beyond the ones mentioned in ‘Inclusions’
- This is a Self-Driving Trip
- We are a RoadTripping community, not a travel agency.
- Our events are participative; everyone pitches in on the trip
- Kids, Family, Friends, everyone's welcome on this trip
- Toll, Fuel, Vehicle/Breakdown, Personal Expenses, etc. are responsibility of the respective participants
- Participants must adhere to the guidelines of the The RoadTrips Co (RTC) Drive Captain at all times
- Anyone found violating the guidelines shall be removed from the trip with immediate effect, no refunds shall be given
- The RoadTrips Co (RTC) reserves the right to change or alter the schedule and offerings
- The RoadTrips Co (RTC) decision in case of any disputes shall be final and binding
Cancellation & Refund Policy:
1. Cancellation before 30 days of the trip- 0% cancellation fee
2. Cancellation between 30 to before 15 days of the trip- 50% cancellation fee
3. Cancellation between 15 to before 7 days of the trip- 75% cancellation fee
4. No refund from 7 days of the trip
P.S: The Booking is transferable. Not refundable
Join us to come across like-minded RoadTrippers! Don’t Worry we don’t spam your inbox.
Participant must adhere to the guidelines of the drive captain at all times. Anyone found violating the guidelines shall be removed from the sorint immediate effect, no refund shall be given, RTC reserves the right to change or alter the schedule and offering RTC's decision in case of any disputes shall be final and binding