Lohagad Fort translates to Iron Fort from Marathi. It stands at a towering 1,033 meters above sea level and provides a great view point from the top. Most of the fort is still intact, some parts, due to the restoration and protection efforts of the Archaeology Survey of India – including its four gates.
The fort is connected to the neighbouring Visapur Fort on the east by a small range. The range divides the basins of the Indrayani and Pavana rivers. Lohagad also overlooks the Pavna reservoir, which lies to the south of the mountain.
We meet nice and early and take the scenic route to the base of the fort. From here, we park our vehicles and get ready to climb the staircase that leads up to the top. While climbing, we will come across four doors.
The first one is called ‘Ganesh Darwaaja’, the second, ‘Narayan Darwaaja’, third, ‘Hanuman Darwaaja’ and the fourth, ‘ Maha Darwaaja’. Out of these four, the Hanuman Darwaaja is the oldest of all. Between the Narayan and Hanuman Darwaajas, there are two storage rooms.
The trek will commence from the base for those who wish to climb. The others can certainly ride/ drive to the fort
Shell Fuel Station, Wakad
Google Maps Link: https://https://goo.gl/maps/CX3WL7kkipqoCpZbA
• The Roadtrips Co Drive Captain expertise and guidance
• The Roadtrips Co Convoy driving experience and safety
• Trek guidance and expertise
• Light refreshments/breakfast
• Trip Management Fees
• Vehicle, fuel
• Any food and beverages purchased during the trip
• Any personal expenses
• This is a Self-Driving Trip
• We are a RoadTripping community, not a travel agency.
• Our events are participative; everyone pitches in on the trip
• Kids, Family, Friends, everyone's welcome on this trip
• Toll, Fuel, Vehicle/Breakdown, Personal Expenses, etc. are responsibility of the respective participants
• Participants must adhere to the guidelines of the The RoadTrips Co (RTC) Drive Captain at all times
• Anyone found violating the guidelines shall be removed from the trip with immediate effect, no refunds shall be given
• The RoadTrips Co (RTC) reserves the right to change or alter the schedule and offerings
• The RoadTrips Co (RTC) decision in case of any disputes shall be final and binding
Cancellation & Refund Policy:
1. Cancellation before 30 days of the trip- 0% cancellation fee
2. Cancellation between 30 to before 15 days of the trip- 50% cancellation fee
3. Cancellation between 15 to before 7 days of the trip- 75% cancellation fee
4. No refund from 7 days of the trip
P.S: The Booking is transferable. Not refundable
Join us to come across like-minded RoadTrippers! Don’t Worry we don’t spam your inbox.
About The Roadtrips Co:
We’re a fun loving community that has a passion for, you guessed it, roadtrips! It doesn’t matter if you’re a seasoned roadtripper or a novice, join us on a trip and our Drive Captains will make sure you feel comfortable with ample guidance, assistance and support. Our drives are conducted with a convoy to ensure safety and assurance that everyone makes it through as a group and no one is left behind. So join in for a fun trip, meet new folks and make friends with like-minded fellow roadtrippers!
- A quick briefing at the meet-up point at 7:45 am.
- Head towards Malavli via Old Highway
- Light breakfast halt before ascent
- Those wishing to trek will get down/park vehicles at the base, rest will ascend by drive/ride.
- Upon reaching, explore the fort (we may take a guide along) and attractions
- Photos ops at the summit
- Descend on foot and head to our vehicles
- Stop for brunch/lunch
- Head back to Pune, disperse at Dehu Road Corner/ Shell Wakad
Participant must adhere to the guidelines of the drive captain at all times. Anyone found violating the guidelines shall be removed from the sorint immediate effect, no refund shall be given, RTC reserves the right to change or alter the schedule and offering RTC's decision in case of any disputes shall be final and binding