It's Ganesh Chaturthi Season and we're excited to go on a roadtrip that culminates the festivities. Join us for this special roadtrip that celebrates the true meaning of Ganesh Chaturthi.
Ashtavinayak in Sanskrit, translates to "Eight Ganeshas" and this yatra is made to visit all the eight temples that house these Ganeshas. Each of these temples have their own legends and history which is as unique from each other as the idols in each of these temples. The form of each idol of Ganesha and his trunk are clearly distinct from each other.
After we're done with all the festivities at home, take a few days to enjoy the peace and quiet of the road and head to worship these 8 iconic Ganesha idols
Here’s what you can look forward to at each of these temples:
Moreshwar Temple, Morgaon
Shri Mayureshwar Mandir is located in Morgaon, about 80 kilometres from Pune city. The temple is the starting and ending point of a pilgrimage of eight revered Ganesha temples called Ashtavinayaka.
Siddhivinayak Temple, Siddhatek
Siddhivinayak Temple of Siddhatek is one of the Ashtavinayaka and the only Ashtavinayaka shrine in Ahmednagar district. The temple is located on the northern bank of the river Bhima on a hillock, surrounded by thick foliage of Babul trees.
Ballaleshwar Temple, Pali
Ballaleshwar temple is one of the eight temples of Lord Ganesha and the only incarnation of Ganesha that is known by his devotee’s name. Ballaleshwar Pali temple is situated between fort Sarasgad and the river Amba,at a distance of 30 km from Karjat in the Raigad district.
Varadavinayak Temple, Mahad
Varadvinayak Temple is located in Mahad village situated in Khalapur taluka near Karjat. The idol of this temple is known as Varada Vinayak and temple premises are on one side of a beautiful pond.
Chintamani Temple, Theur
The Chintamani Ganesh Temple of Theur is one of the larger and more famous of the Ashtavinayaka Ganesha temples. Like other Ashtavinyaka icon, central icon of Ganesha is considered self-manifested, located near the confluence of river Bhima and the conjoint river Mula-Mutha.
Girijatmaj Temple, Lenyadri
The Girijatmaja Vinayak temple at Lenayadri is located at Lekhan hills, at a distance of about 160 km from Pune. Lenyadri cave 7 is dedicated to the god Ganesha, one of the Ashtavinayak shrines in Maharashtra.
Vighnahar Temple, Ozar
Vighnahar Ganapati Temple is located about 85 km from Pune on the banks of Kukadi River. The Vigneshwara Temple Ganesha form worshipped here is called Vigneshwara, one of the eight revered shrines of Ganesha in Maharashtra.
Mahaganapati Temple, Ranjangaon
Ranjangaon Ganpati Temple celebrating eight instances of legends related to Ganesha. The idol of these lord Ganesh is also named as Mahotkat, located at Ranjangaon 21 km before Shirur and 50 km from Pune.
Carpool with us!
Don't have a car? Don't worry!
Hop into the car with our drive captain and pick their travel brains on this trip. What better way to learn more about travel, meet new people, share travel stories and maybe get inspiration for your next trip! However, carpooling rules apply - You split the cost of fuel for the trip, pay 10% of the trip cost to the owner of the car (as a token towards maintenance of the vehicle) bear with their choice of music (unless they're kind enough to let you play your own music) and help with navigation for the trip. Sounds like fun, doesn't it?
- 2 night accommodation in family friendly hotels
- Breakfast on Day 2 Only
- The Roadtrips Co convoy driving experience
- Access and expertise of The Roadtrips Co Drive Captain
- Trip management fees
- Meals on road
- Vehicle breakdown
- Personal expenses of any kind
- Any expenses beyond the ones mentioned in ‘Inclusions’
- This is a Self-Driving Trip
- We are a RoadTripping community, not a travel agency.
- Our events are participative; everyone pitches in on the trip
- Kids, Family, Friends, everyone's welcome on this trip
- Toll, Fuel, Vehicle/Breakdown, Personal Expenses, etc. are responsibility of the respective participants
- Participants must adhere to the guidelines of the The RoadTrips Co (RTC) Drive Captain at all times
- Anyone found violating the guidelines shall be removed from the trip with immediate effect, no refunds shall be given
- The RoadTrips Co (RTC) reserves the right to change or alter the schedule and offerings
- The RoadTrips Co (RTC) decision in case of any disputes shall be final and binding
Cancellation & Refund Policy:
1. Cancellation before 30 days of the trip- 0% cancellation fee
2. Cancellation between 30 to before 15 days of the trip- 50% cancellation fee
3. Cancellation between 15 to before 7 days of the trip- 75% cancellation fee
4. No refund from 7 days of the trip
P.S: The Booking is transferable. Not refundable
Join us to come across like-minded RoadTrippers! Don’t Worry we don’t spam your inbox.
About The Roadtrips Co:
We’re a fun loving community that loves, you guessed it, roadtrips! It doesn’t matter if you’re a seasoned roadtripper or a novice, join us on a trip and our Drive Captains will make sure you feel comfortable with ample guidance, assistance and support. Our drives are conducted with a convoy to ensure safety and assurance that everyone makes it through as a group and no one is left behind. So join in for a fun trip, meet new folks and make friends with like-minded fellow roadtrippers!