The confluence of rivers and plains enrich the diverse history- both culinary and otherwise, of the communities from the East, West, and North of Assam. From the capital of Guwahati, an ancient city on the banks of the Brahmaputra, to Majuli Island, teeming with a unique riverine culture, to Sibsagar, an important oil and trading centre- dissimilar elements make Assamese cuisine unique. The complex cultural systems are marked by a heterogenous population of tribes, ethnicities, and religions, finding expression in distinctive culinary techniques.
A unique marker of Assamese cuisine and taste is khar, an alkaline flavouring which is ubiquitous in the state. Colleen Taylor Sen, in her seminal text, ‘Fasts and Feasts: The History of Food in India’ states that: ‘The Assamese are virtually alone in preserving the six basic tastes of ancient Hindu gastronomy, including sour and alkaline…a dish called khar that has an astringent or alkaline taste, is probably unique in the world of food.’ A traditional meal in Assam begins with a bowl of the alkaline khar, this whets appetites and promotes digestion. The khar sets the stage for the other tastes which follow; the sour, salty and sweet.
A scenic drive to a dense Jungle Camp for the Third Chapter of State on the Plate. An Ethnic Food Festival that's guaranteed to tantalize even the most discerning buds, State on the Plate is a celebratory gathering for food lovers from near and far.
A three-course buffet spread awaits everyone who joins in on this Sprint. Sip on your refreshing welcome drink as you mingle with fellow food loving road-trippers. We've even got some fun games lined up while you're here, with special prizes to be won!
The menu is as follows:
Kabuli chana salad, shredded chicken with til n dry chilly flakes .
Khorikat diya gahori
Main course :
Joha saulor bhat
Maas noroxingo di
Outenga di gahori
Koldil di murgi
Xanmiholi xaak bhaji
Bilahi pura pitika
Bhoot jolokia achar
Pudina chatni .
Per Person: Rs. 700/- all inclusive
- Three course meal at Chandubi Jungle Camp
- The Roadtrips Co Drive Captain
- Games and prizes through the day
- Vehicle, fuel, toll
- Any vehicle breakdown
- Any expense personal in nature
- Anything not mentioned in ‘inclusions above’
Notes: Guidelines for participants
• Participants must always adhere to the guidelines of the Drive Captain
• Anyone found violating the guidelines shall be removed from the Sprint with immediate effect, no refunds shall be given
• RTC reserves the right to change or alter the schedule and offerings
• RTC’s decision in case of any disputes shall be final and binding
Cancellation & Refund Policy:
1. Cancellation before 30 days of the trip- 0% cancellation fee
2. Cancellation between 30 to before 15 days of the trip- 50% cancellation fee
3. Cancellation between 15 to before 7 days of the trip- 75% cancellation fee
4. No refund from 7 days of the trip
P.S: The Booking is transferable. Not refundable
About The Roadtrips Co:
We’re a fun loving community that has a passion for, you guessed it, roadtrips!
We’re a rapidly growing community of like-minded travellers, with varied interests, backgrounds, professions, passions but tied together by our love for travel and exploring new places. It doesn’t matter what vehicle you drive, if you’re an experienced roadtripper, join us, meet new folks, make friends with like-minded roadtrippers and let’s hit the road together!
Join us to come across like-minded RoadTrippers! Don’t Worry we don’t spam your inbox.