We’re heading to Morachi Chincholi a destination little over 50 km away from Pune. The name itself translates to ‘a village of tamarind trees’ and ‘a town of dancing peacocks’. The peacocks in the village are accustomed to human activity and can be seen wandering freely throughout the village. The locals and the villagers share a give and take relationship – with the villagers feeding and taking care of the wellbeing of the peacocks, who in turn eat harmful insects and crop pests while keeping snakes away. It is believed that Morachi Chincholi is home to over 2,500 of these magnificent winged creatures.
This is a perfect daytrip to take your kids on as it offers an insight into local village lifestyle, coupled with traditional food, ample open space, greenery and nature. Not to forget the amazing peacocks that roam around freely – a sight that everyone will enjoy, including your cameras!
So what are you waiting for? Register, join the convoy and make the most of your Sunday!
What to expect on this drive:
• Get up close and personal with peacocks in their natural habitat
• A glimpse into the Maharashtrian village lifestyle and culture
• Puppet show, bullock cart rides, magic show
• An escape from the city
• Oxygen rich air that will lift your spirits
• Ample photography opportunities
• Knowledge and insights into nature and its amazing ways
• Amazingly delicious locally prepared food
Yewale Tea, Lohegaon
8:15 am: We assemble at the meeting point. Here, we’ll do a quick round of introductions, and short briefing before heading out in convoy formation towards Pune.
8:45 am: We flag-off our drive and follow the lead car.
10:00 am: We arrive at Morachi Farms and get ready for a scrumptious breakfast and some activities.
1:00 pm: Lunch will be served at the farm followed by more activities and relaxation
5:00 pm: We check out of Morachi Farms after chai and snacks and head towards home
Per person: Rs. 860
• Activities at Morachi Farms
• Rooms to change, stores bags and freshen up
• Vegetarian Lunch
• Tea and snacks
• The Roadtrips Co Drive Captain
• The Roadtrips Co Convoy driving experience
• Trip Management fees
• Vehicle breakdown
• Personal expenses of any kind
• Any expenses beyond the ones mentioned in ‘Inclusions’
• This is a Self-Driving Trip
• We are a RoadTripping community, not a travel agency.
• Our events are participative, everyone pitches in on the trip
• Kids, Family, Friends, everyone's welcome on this Trip
• Toll, Fuel, Vehicle/Breakdown, Personal Expenses, etc. are responsibility of the respective participants
• Participants must adhere to the guidelines of the The RoadTrips Co (RTC) Drive Captain at all times
• Anyone found violating the guidelines shall be removed from the Trip with immediate effect, no refunds shall be given
• The RoadTrips Co (RTC) reserves the right to change or alter the schedule and offerings
• The RoadTrips Co (RTC) decision in case of any disputes shall be final and binding
Cancellation & Refund Policy:
1. Cancellation before 30 days of the trip - 0% cancellation fee
2. Cancellation between 30 to before 15 days of the trip - 50% cancellation fee
3. Cancellation between 15 to before 7 days of the trip - 75% cancellation fee
4. No refund from 7 days of the trip
P.S: The Booking is transferable. Not refundable
Join us to come across like-minded RoadTrippers! Don’t Worry we don’t spam your inbox.